Khristian Mizzi - Australia's #1 Folk Singer - Return To The 60's Exclusive Solo Show - With Support Joyce Prescher
EVENT DATE: Saturday, 3 Jul 2021
KHRISTIAN MIZZI is one of the most captivating & emotive folk artists in Australia, and returns to arcobar celebrating the songs of Jim Croce, Cat Stevens, Don McLean, Jackson Brown, Joni Mitchell, Bob Dylan, and of course some of his own! Supporting Khristian is the beautiful voice of Joyce Prescher,
"RETURN TO THE 60'S FOLK CLUB" WAS A SELL-OUT LAST TIME AT ARCOBAR - LIMITED TO JUST 50 PEOPLE - GET IN EARLY TO GET YOUR TICKETS!
TICKETS $20 PER PERSON.
(100% of ticket price goes to the artist)
DINNER & DRINKS AT MENU PRICES.
SATURDAY NIGHT 3RD JULY
DINNER FROM 6.30PM
MUSIC FROM 8PM
Access to live music is ONLY available with a restaurant booking. Please note that bookings can ONLY be made by phone on 95511424 during normal business hours, and will require pre-payment of the ticket to confirm the booking.
Fast becoming one of Australia’s premiere young folkies, Mizzi is selected for most of Australia’s highest profile festivals like Pt Fairy, Illawarra and Melany. In 2017 he was awarded the ‘Troubadour Artist’ of the year award at the prestigious VIC ‘The Newstead Live! Folk Festival’.
Mizzi’s songs explore humanity, social injustice, and hope, inspiring and enlivening audiences wherever he plays. Growing up in rural Victoria, Khristian developed an early love for music and was performing regularly by the age of sixteen. He has spent the last 20 years traveling up and down the highways of Australia, connecting with audiences in small towns, rural outposts, and big cities, and becoming a mainstay of the live music scene in Melbourne. During that time, Khristian has released three studios albums – The Road Between (2008), A Beautiful World (2009), and Midwinter Spring (2014) – and toured both in Australia and internationally. With a folk sound that recalls the greats of the 1970’s Contemporary Folk movements, Mizzi creates a connection with the past while offering a fresh new voice to the 'words and chords' tradition. His single 'We Ain't All Equal' is a stirring cry for action in the face of political cruelty and social apathy. Since the release of his selftitled EP, (2017) Khristian's songs have had a hugely positive response from festival goers, radio programmers and music writers throughout the country.
"One of the most impressive newcomers I have ever come across on the Australian music scene... A beautiful voice and excellent guitar playing, and every one of his own songs of a particularly high standard". - Andrew Pattison (Troubadour venue owner)
"Voice and songs of extremely high quality" - Monique Brumby (Singer/Songwriter)
"His voice is just like a big warm hug" - Pia Nesvara (Singer/Songwriter) “Aching, folk music that speaks of Australian history, underpinned by a wonderful melodic sensibility. Stirring stuff” - Anthea Palmer, (Sound Music Business)
Born in the Netherlands, Joyce never thought she would call Australia home. But she fell in love with a Melburnian during a safari in South Africa and moved to Melbourne in 2008. Little did she know Melbourne was filled with musicians and music lovers just like her.
Over the years she has attached herself to countless local projects as well as performed with her own band where she was the key song-writer, lead vocalist and band leader.
Joyce Prescher released her debut album ‘Home' in 2017 and is currently finalising her second studio album.
Recently Joyce Prescher toured as part of a show called 'Keep the Circle Unbroken', in which she sang alongside many Australian favourites, including Tim Rogers, Kylie Auldist, Mick Thomas, Debra Byrne and a stack of Victoria's most cherished music artists,
Joyce features on three songs on the same-title album which was recorded live in July 2020 at the Memo Music Hall in St Kilda, between the two Melbourne lockdowns.
arcobar | arco lane | heatherton | 9551 1424 | www.arcobar.com.au
- Sunday, 20 Jun 2021SUNDAY NIGHT PIANO BAR - Every Sunday Night to Sunday 26th September
- Thursday, 24 Jun 2021Bobby Valentine & The Band Of Renown
- Friday, 25 Jun 2021Field, See & Mason - Down Under The Covers!
- Saturday, 26 Jun 2021The Original Dean & Carruthers: Songs By Request (Sold out)
- Sunday, 27 Jun 2021SUNDAY NIGHT PIANO BAR - Every Sunday Night to Sunday 26th September
- Thursday, 1 Jul 2021The Substitutes featuring Kelly Auty- Chilled Hits Of The 60's - Dinner & Show
- Friday, 2 Jul 2021PHIL CEBERANO & RUSSELL ROBERTSON - TEN YEARS TOGETHER ON STAGE
- Saturday, 3 Jul 2021Khristian Mizzi - Australia's #1 Folk Singer - Return To The 60's Exclusive Solo Show - With Support Joyce Prescher
- Sunday, 4 Jul 2021SUNDAY NIGHT PIANO BAR - Every Sunday Night to Sunday 26th September
- Wednesday, 7 Jul 2021Jason Vorherr & Gary Young - Looking Back At 25 Years - Exclusive Anniversary Show
- Thursday, 8 Jul 2021Take It Easy - The Acoustic Dinner & Show Tribute To The Eagles Returns To Arcobar!
- Friday, 9 Jul 2021Melbourne Supergroup - The Solid Snakes
- Saturday, 10 Jul 2021YOU'VE GOT A FRIEND - The Songs & Stories Of Carole King (With A Touch Of James Taylor) - Dinner & Show
- Thursday, 15 Jul 2021Louie Feltrin (The Robbie Williams Experience) & The Swinging 60's Party Machine - Dinner & Show
- Friday, 16 Jul 2021(CANCELLED SHOW) DARLINGHURST - Exclusive Melbourne Dinner & Show - Supported By ABBEY STONE
- Friday, 16 Jul 2021Creedence Clearwater Survival - Melbourne's #1 John Fogerty/CCR Dinner & Show Comes To Arcobar
- Saturday, 17 Jul 2021Lisa Edwards (Farnham Band) & Michael Cristiano
- Thursday, 22 Jul 2021NIGHT FEVER - The BeeGees Revival Acoustic Dinner & Show
- Friday, 23 Jul 2021TUSK - The Fleetwood Mac Storybook Tribute - Upclose & Acoustic
- Saturday, 24 Jul 2021The Marty Rose Band