James Blundell - The Original Australian Country Music Icon - Exclusive Dinner & Show
EVENT DATE: Thursday, 18 Nov 2021
Be one of only 50 people for this very exclusive Dinner & Show with James Blundell. This special evening is an acoustic journey in songs & stories, with the first Australian act to sign a major record label deal in Nashville. Experience the reason James Blundell is the recipient of numerous CMAA Awards, double platinum, platinum and gold sales awards, including and five-time ARIA Award nominee with one win to his name.
There are many terms people use when describing James Blundell. Icon. Legend. Controversial. Rebel. The truth is - James Blundell is all of these things. He is unashamedly honest and comfortable in his own skin. He radiates an enthusiasm for everything that life has to offer and it’s this authenticity that makes him one of the most instantly likable and recognisable artists in Australian music.
WHEN: Thursday 18th November 2021
WHERE: Arcobar, 8 Arco Lane, Heatherton 3202
TICKETS: $89.50 Including an award winning two course dinner & show
BOOKINGS: Directly with the venue on 95511424
Acknowledged by many as the act that single-handedly shaped modern Australian country music by infusing his influences of John Mellencamp, The Band and The Angels with the storytelling ethos of Slim Dusty and his lyrical insight, sharp wit and empathy for the average working man. This combined with his handsome good looks and country charm ensured there was no stopping his success across all demographics.
In 1992, James found mainstream success thanks to the smash hit single, “Way Out West”, with former Australian Crawl front man, James Reyne. The song debuted at #28 on the ARIA charts before peaking at #2 a month later. The song was ranked #22 on the ARIA End of Year Singles Charts while his platinum selling album, “This Road”, came in at #28 on the ARIA End of Year Albums Charts above acts including Madonna, AC/DC and Roxette.
His early career was nothing short of phenomenal: a string of platinum albums and top 10 pop chart success turned the former cattle hand into a household name. But like so many talented artists Blundell refused to be put in a box musically and after of numerous heated meetings with then record label, he walked away from the music business, although his star turn in a high profile advertisement for QANTAS kept his face firmly in the public eye.
“Postcards From Saigon” from his 2005 comeback album “Deluge” proved that James still had plenty to offer. The song documents the troubled life of a Vietnam Veteran and was recognised with numerous Awards as well as being given the thumbs up by the great Kris Kristofferson.
Post “Deluge” came the critically acclaimed albums “Ring Around The Moon”, “Portrait of A Man” and “Woolshed Creek” as well as various left of centre tours including “The Ultimate Rock N Roll Jam Session” alongside rockers Dave Larkin (Dallas Crane), Nick Barker and Ezra Lee. The show told the story of one electrifying day in 1956 when four of America’s top recording artists of all time – Elvis Presley, Johnny Cash, Jerry Lee Lewis and Carl Perkins – met and forever changed the face of popular music forever. The show was a resounding success playing to packed houses nationally including a memorable 16 night sting at Sydney’s iconic Opera House in 2010.
During 2010/2011 James was the narrator for Network 10’s hit television show, “Keeping Up With The Jones” – a program which followed the extraordinary life and times of the Jones family on Coolibah Station in the Northern Territory.
In late March 2012, James was announced as the inaugural inductee into the Country Music Channel (CMC) Hall of Fame by long time friend, one time band member and 2008 Australian of The Year, Lee Kernaghan. The induction also included tributes from country stars Catherine Britt and Travis Collins whose renditions of classic Blundell songs further reinforced his influence on a generation of Australian performers.
2017 celebrated 30 years since he won Star Maker and saw the release of his fourteenth album, "Campfire". The concept of the album was unearthing songs with great stories and telling them the way you would around a campfire. The songs have been stripped to their core, allowing the stories to breathe and the emotions take flight.
For the release, Blundell assembled a tracklisting to include tracks recorded by Madonna, Bruce Springsteen, Cyndi Lauper, The Wallflowers, The Eagles, Cold Chisel, Bob Dylan, Paul Kelly and John Cougar Mellencamp. Guests on the album include The Wolfe Brothers, Anne Kirkpatrick, Tania Kernaghan, Paul Costa, Cameron Daddo, Hamish Davidson, Lawrie Minson and newcomers Jonny Taylor, Abigail Grace and Liam Kennedy-Clark.
On "Campfire", James Blundell delivers great songs in a simple, yet exciting way, to bring a touch of magic to those long, hot Australian summer nights.
In 2018, Blundell’s music was the focal point of the compilation album, “30 Years of Pride – A Tribute to James Blundell”. The who’s who of Australian music joined with some of today’s most exciting new artists to reimagine some of his biggest and best loved songs. Adam Brand joined Blundell for a new duet of “This Road”, Tania Kernaghan put her unique stamp on “Rain On A Tin Roof” while rising star, Jonny Taylor makes “Amsterdam Breakfast” his own. The album also features artists including Drew McAlister, Bec Lavelle, Brewn, Ben Ransom, Paul Costa, Cameron Daddo, D Henry Fenton, Ingrid Mae and James’ teenage sons, Briar and Travis. There’s also a special group performance of “Way Out West” which was Blundell’s biggest hit in 1992.
James Blundell is one of only a handful of today’s country artists who live the authentic life of a country singer. When he’s not touring - he’s managing his family owned property in Stanthorpe QLD. He is an artist of substance and longevity thanks to his unique perspective showcased through song.
- Sunday, 1 Aug 2021(SOLD OUT) Faulty Towers - The Genuine, Award Winning Dining Experience Comes To Arcobar
- Wednesday, 4 Aug 2021An Evening With Sharni Layton - Dine With & Hear From One Of The Best Sports Stars Of Our Generation
- Thursday, 5 Aug 2021NIGHT FEVER - The BeeGees Revival Acoustic Dinner & Show (sold out)
- Friday, 6 Aug 2021THE HORNETS - Mike Rudd, Jeff Burstin & Craig Horne
- Saturday, 7 Aug 2021TUSK - The Fleetwood Mac Storybook Tribute - Upclose & Acoustic (sold out)
- Sunday, 8 Aug 2021SUNDAY NIGHT PIANO BAR - No Cover Charge - Every Sunday Night to Sunday 26th September
- Thursday, 12 Aug 2021DINNER & SHOW - Close To You; The Karen Carpenter Story
- Friday, 13 Aug 2021Creedence Clearwater Survival - Melbourne's #1 John Fogerty/CCR Dinner & Show Comes To Arcobar
- Saturday, 14 Aug 2021The Rusty Nails
- Thursday, 19 Aug 2021WILBUR WILDE & THE TROUBLE MAKERS
- Friday, 20 Aug 2021Lisa Edwards (Farnham Band) & Michael Cristiano
- Saturday, 21 Aug 2021EUROGLIDERS - EXCLUSIVE "UNPLUGGED" DINNER & SHOW
- Thursday, 26 Aug 2021ARCOBAR'S 250TH GIG PARTY - Two Bands One Big Nite - Ft. The Regular Boys AND Whiskey & The Chaser
- Friday, 27 Aug 2021MRB
- Saturday, 28 Aug 2021Khristian Mizzi & Greg Champion - Return To The 60's Folk Club
- Thursday, 2 Sep 2021Keith Potger (The Seekers) - Upclose, Intimate & Acoustic Dinner & Show
- Friday, 3 Sep 2021MELODY MOKO - EXCLUSIVE, INTIMATE AND ACOUSTIC DINNER & SHOW - LIVE AT ARCOBAR
- Saturday, 4 Sep 2021The Original Dean & Carruthers: Songs By Request
- Thursday, 9 Sep 2021Lee Harding - Between The Covers - Exclusive Acoustic Show
- Friday, 10 Sep 2021EVERYTHING FINN - The Songs Of Split Enz, Crowded House, and Neil & Tim Finn